FEATURE ARTICLE INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
- Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written in a style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article.
- Articles may be edited for clarity and grammatical accuracy, and will be copyedited according to the magazine's style.
- Mathematical equations should not be used. In justified cases up to three simple equations could be allowed, provided you have the consent of the Guest Editor. The inclusion of more than three equations requires permission from the Editor-in-Chief.
- References should be included only to guide readers to more information on the topic; the reference list should not include every available source. A limit of 15 references is recommended. The inclusion of more than 15 references requires permission from the Editor-in-Chief. References to Web pages should be checked immediately for accessibility before submitting material to the Production Staff.
- Articles should not exceed 4500 words.
- Figures and tables should be limited to a combined total of six.
All articles to be considered for publication in IEEE Communications Magazine
must be submitted through IEEE Manuscript Central. Below is a list of the types of articles that can be submitted. After determining which type of article you have, go to Manuscript Central
, register or log in, and go to the Author Center. Follow the instructions there.
Call for Papers
If you are submitting an article following a listing in the call for papers
page, you will need to note the issue date and topic name from the listing in order to submit through Manuscript Central. If you did not note this information, please return to the call for papers page, determine your topic and issue date, and then move on to Manuscript Central
. Choose the appropriate issue date and topic from the "Please Select an Article Type" drop down menu.
If you would like to submit an article for possible inclusion in one of the ongoing series (e.g., Optical Communications, Design and Implementation, Automotive Networking), visit Manuscript Central and select the appropriate series from the "Please Select an Article Type" drop down menu. If you need specific information on a topic, send an email to the topic's editors. Editors' contact information can be found on the Series Editors
If you would like to submit an article for review and possible acceptance as an open call article select "Open Call Article" in the "Please Select an Article Type" drop down menu at Manuscript Central
You can find some additional help on the submission process in this message from former Editor-in-Chief Andrzej Jajszczyk entitled: "How to Write a Successful Paper for IEEE Communications Magazine
Please mail or e-mail (do not fax) press releases for new product information to:
Susan E. Schneiderman
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway NJ 08854
ss [dot] ieeemedia [at] ieee [dot] org
SUBMISSION OF FEATURE TOPIC OR SPECIAL ISSUE PROPOSALS
Prior to submitting proposals for new feature topics please consult the Guest Editor Kit
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTED ARTICLES
See the Author Guidelines
APPEAL OF EDITORIAL DECISIONS
ComSoc is committed to providing fair and impartial treatment of each paper submitted to its magazines. Unless there is a clear content-related problem with the article, it will receive at least three reviews that are used by the responsible editor for making a recommendation to the EiC. The EiC then makes the final decision based on the combination of the editor recommendation and reviews. In the event that the author(s) find a compelling reason to disagree with the decision, the IEEE Policies and Procedures specify the rights of authors to appeal an editorial decision. This policy is specified in Section 8.2.3 of the IEEE Publications Services and Products Operations Board Manual (PSPB). http://www.ieee.org/documents/opsmanual.pdf
Note that there are situations where papers may receive positive reviews and yet still be legitimately rejected. For example, if there are multiple papers covering essentially the same content submitted to the same Feature Topic or Series, the editors must choose the best paper among them. Note also that Feature Topics and Series have space for a limited number of papers, and consequently must choose the set of papers that have both excellent review scores and best cover the breadth of the topic.