2023 Vice President - Technical and Educational Activities Candidate
In such unprecedented times, the ComSoc’s Technical and Educational Activities (TEA) is expected to face new challenges in promoting new technical innovations and activities, interacting with industry, and advancing our professional development. The TEA is the foundation of our ComSoc Society and provides valuable services to our members. With the new research transformations and the integration of intelligence in all levels of the communication systems, we will need to keep abreast of such innovations and provide opportunities to our members to get involved and contribute to new technical activities.
If elected, I will lead initiatives and work closely with industry and technical committees to:
- Promote and enhance our technical activities for current and future members.
- Target activities in new and emerging technologies by providing and implementing new initiatives.
- Increase and promote industry participation in many areas of our technical activities.
- Enhance and expand ComSoc’s educational programs and their offerings through tutorials, online resources, and webinars in cutting-edge technologies.
- Promote engagement and equal opportunities to members worldwide, by inspiring the young and minorities to be involved and stay active.
My hard work, dedication and extensive volunteer experience with the IEEE ComSoc will allow me to promote and strengthen our technical and educational activities, for the benefit of our members globally.
Mohsen Guizani [F] is a Professor at MBZUAI, UAE. He received his PhD from Syracuse University, USA. He is a Fellow of IEEE and listed as Clarivate Highly Cited Researcher during the last 4 years (2019-2022). He is the author of 10 books, 800+ publications (with 56,000+ citations) and 5 US patents. He served as the Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Network (2018-2020), Advisory Editor of IEEE Internet of Things Journal (2015-Present), Senior Editor of IEEE Network (2020-Present) and IEEE Standard Magazine Series Editor (2020-Present). He was the Chair of the WTC (2009–2010), Chair of TAOS (2006–2007). He received 2 Best Journal Paper Awards (CSIM 2021 and COMST 2018). He received the IEEE Distinguished Service Award from EMEA in 2021; and three Recognition Awards (CISTC 2020, AHSN 2018, WTC 2017). He received six IEEE Conference Paper Awards (GLOBECOM 2022, 2018, 2016 and ICC 2020, 2014).