2023 Vice President - Publications Candidate
It will be my privilege to serve our community whole heartedly with my full dedication and enthusiasm. I have been an IEEE and ComSoc volunteer for more than 22 years, and served at different capacities including Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (2012-2016), IEEE Press (2018-2021), Director of Magazines (2020-2021), Director of Online Content (2022-2023), Area Editor/Editor/Guest-Editor for several ComSoc journals/magazines, EiC Search Committees for several journals, Chair of the Management Committee of IEEE IoT Magazine, Member of ComSoc IT Committee and ComSoc Marketing Committee, and an elected Member of the Board of Governors (2018-2020). With my significant involvement and leadership in publications activities as well as experiences in various ComSoc assemblies, I am very well-prepared to serve ComSoc as the VP-Publications. If elected, I will work with our publication volunteers and ComSoc leadership in order to
- Maintain the very high standard and reputation as well as growth of our ComSoc publications (journals, magazines, and on-line contents), and thereby sustain ComSoc’s leadership in publications in the Communications and Networking area,
- Enhance the quality of experience/service for our authors,
- Increase diversity among publication volunteers, incentivize and recognize them,
- Improve the values of ComSoc publications to industry professionals, practitioners, and the members in general,
- Enhance the ComSoc Media Center and further strengthen our on-line contents and publications, and
- Work closely with IEEE to preserve and even enhance ComSoc’s current standing in a very competitive and an emerging publication landscape with new publication models, content generation and marketing paradigms.
Ekram Hossain [F’15] (http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~hossaina) is a Professor and the Associate Head of Graduate Studies in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Manitoba, Canada. He is a Member of the College of the Royal Society of Canada, a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering, and also a Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada. His research works have received close to 40,000 citations to date (in Google Scholar) with an h-index of 102. He was listed as a Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researcher in Computer Science in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. He won several research awards including “2017 ComSoc Best Survey Paper Award” and “2011 ComSoc Fred Ellersick Prize Paper Award”. He served as the Technical Program Committee (TPC) Chair for IEEE ICC 2022, and currently he is serving as the TPC Chair for IEEE Future Networks World Forum 2023 (IEEE FNWF’23).