2023 Member-at-Large - Asia/Pacific Region Candidate
I am a member of ComSoc for over 30 years. I have enthusiastically served ComSoc in various functions, including as Area Editor and Editor for leading ComSoc journals, as TPC Co-Chair in leading ComSoc conferences, and as member of the ComSoc Awards Standing Committee. I am a regular reviewer of several ComSoc journals, and an active participant in ComSoc conferences. I would be delighted to continue serving ComSoc with an aim to make it stronger and more inclusive. If elected, I will endeavor to:
- Support initiatives leading to revenue generation and reduction of unnecessary expenditure.
- Provide additional venues for emerging technology areas.
- Increase diversity among ComSoc office bearers.
- Promote initiatives that strengthen collaboration with industry.
- Expand opportunities for young and early career professionals to be involved in editorial boards, conferences, and technical committees.
- Strengthen ties between ComSoc and sister societies through improved technical activities.
Ranjan K. Mallik (S’88,M’93,SM’02,F’12) is an Institute Chair Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi. He received the B.Tech. degree from IIT Kanpur and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, all in electrical engineering. His research area is wireless communications. He is a fellow of the IEEE, TWAS, and the Indian national academies INAE, INSA, NASI, and IASc. He is a recipient of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, the IEI-IEEE Award for Engineering Excellence, and the J. C. Bose Fellowship. He served as Area Editor and Editor for IEEE TWC, Editor for IEEE TCOM, and member of the ComSoc Awards Committee, and is a member of the ComSoc Fellow Evaluation Committee. He was a TPC Co-Chair for the WC Symposium of GLOBECOM 2008 and ICC 2010, PHY Track of WCNC 2013, and CT Symposium of ICC 2021.