I am committed to the IEEE Communications Society’s mission of serving humanity through the Golden Triangle cornerstones of Globalization, Young Leaders, and Industry. If elected as a Membrt-at-Largr, I will pursue excellence for the IEEE Communications Society through the following proposed actions:
- Increase promotion of ComSoc collaborations with emerging countries globally.
- Establish more initiatives to stimulate interactions among IEEE ComSoc through academia, industry, and government sectors.
- Create more interactive and online educational services for members.
- Create and maintain global balance for ComSoc officers, leaders and activities across all geographic regions.
- Develop strategy and executable action plans to continue recruiting more members from both Academic and Indistrial communities around the globe.
If elected, I will work closely with technical leaders and the IEEE Board of Governors to set visions, strategies, and policies that will make ComSoc a more effective and financially healthy organization that can respond to rapidly changing dynamics.
T. Russell Hsing is an IEEE Life Fellow. He has accumulated rich R&D experience of 38 years as technical staff and research director with Xerox, GTE Labs, and Bellcore/Telcordia/Ericsson. He is now university professor, a board advisors for four startups, and a board member of the Open Fog Consortium. He has been pioneering technology commercialization through academic spin-offs with business partners.
In ComSoc, he was a member (2006-2008) and chair (2010-2011) of the Fellow Evaluation Committee, and a member of the Awards Committee (2010-2012). In IEEE, he was a member (2008-2010) and Chair (2010-2011) of the Kiyo Tomiyasu Award Committee, and a member of the Eric Sumner TFA Committee (2010-2012). He served as a member of the IEEE Fellow Committee (2012-2015), Vice Chair (2014) and Chair (2015) of the IEEE TFA Committee. He has led an Ad Hoc Committee to “Review Comsoc IEEE Fellow Evaluation Criteria and Process” (2016 – 2017).