Cooperative Communications and Networking Technologies and System Design
Dates: 11-13 July 2023
Location: Vardhaman College of Engineering, Shamshabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Organized By: IEEE Vardhaman College of Engineering Student Branch & IEEE Communication Society Chapter- Hyderabad Section
Program Chair: Dr. JVR Ravindra
About the Program
This ComSoc School Series event will focus on strengthening the foundation of students’ knowledge in the usage of high-end Cooperative Communication and Networking Technologies, System Design in 5G techniques. One of the goals of this event is to provide continuing motivation to work on the Two user Cooperative Transmission Scheme and for the design of new products or processes, troubleshooting and management of its overall life-cycle which is ubiquitous in modern industry. Often times by the end of their academic career, students will have limited exposure to these methods and thus when they join the industry, companies must spend valuable time and resources to train these graduates on various communication methods that are used in their respective fields. To address this vital gap area of engineering education, the event program aims to produce graduate engineers who will have expertise in using modern communication methods for a wide variety of industrial applications.
In this Comsoc School Series Event, students will be provided with opportunities to:
- Network in the area of high-end Cooperative Communication and Networking Technologies, System Design in 5G techniques areas to industry members.
- Gain knowledge to bridge the gap between Industry and Educational Institution.
- Hear talks and participate in demonstrations by industry experts
(Subject to change)
- Review of Wireless Communications and MIMO Techniques
- Two-User Cooperative Transmission Schemes
- Fundamental Limits of Cooperative and Relay Network
- Cooperation Relaying in OFDM and MIMO Systems
- Networking and Cross-Layer Issues in Cooperative Networks
- Medium Access Control in Cooperative Networks
- Cooperative Communications with Multiple Sources
- Planning for the Panel discussion on Women in Leadership in Communications with the WICE Execom and Past Presidents in Comsoc and Past Chair of WICE
- Talks on Leadership and IEEE Comsoc Membership/ WICE Membership Driven Activities.
Detailed program agenda coming soon.
Participation is available for a limited number of ComSoc Student Members on a first come, first served basis. Once registration is full, we will post a note that it is closed on the website. IEEE ComSoc Student Membership is required in order to register and attend the event. Not currently a member? Join now.
Travel and accommodation expenses will be the responsibility of student participants. Meals and refreshments will be provided to students during the event.
Registration is now open for this event. Please note that registration is a two-step process. First you will need to complete the IEEE ComSoc School Series Event Consent Acknowledgement form. Once you have completed that form and submitted it, on the confirmation page you will be presented with a link to register for the event. Remember to login to your IEEE web account associated with your membership to ensure that you are able to register for the event. There is no registration fee for this event.
IMPORTANT: Once you register, if you are unable to attend the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration since food and beverages will be ordered based on your registration details.
Please note: Participation is subject to applicable law.