Cooperative Communications and Networking Technologies and System Design
Dates: 11-13 July 2023
Location: Vardhaman College of Engineering, Shamshabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Organized By: IEEE Vardhaman College of Engineering Student Branch & IEEE Vardhaman College of Engineering Communication Society Chapter, Hyderabad, India.
Program Chair: Dr. JVR Ravindra
About the Program
This ComSoc School Series event will focus on strengthening the foundation of students’ knowledge in the usage of high-end Cooperative Communication and Networking Technologies, System Design in 5G techniques. One of the goals of this event is to provide continuing motivation to work on the Two user Cooperative Transmission Scheme and for the design of new products or processes, troubleshooting and management of its overall life-cycle which is ubiquitous in modern industry. Often times by the end of their academic career, students will have limited exposure to these methods and thus when they join the industry, companies must spend valuable time and resources to train these graduates on various communication methods that are used in their respective fields. To address this vital gap area of engineering education, the event program aims to produce graduate engineers who will have expertise in using modern communication methods for a wide variety of industrial applications.
In this Comsoc School Series Event, students will be provided with opportunities to:
- Network in the area of high-end Cooperative Communication and Networking Technologies, System Design in 5G techniques areas to industry members.
- Gain knowledge to bridge the gap between Industry and Educational Institution.
- Hear talks and participate in demonstrations by industry experts
(Subject to change)
- Review of Wireless Communications and MIMO Techniques
- Two-User Cooperative Transmission Schemes
- Fundamental Limits of Cooperative and Relay Network
- Cooperation Relaying in OFDM and MIMO Systems
- Networking and Cross-Layer Issues in Cooperative Networks
- Medium Access Control in Cooperative Networks
- Cooperative Communications with Multiple Sources
- Planning for the Panel discussion on Women in Leadership in Communications with the WICE Execom and Past Presidents in Comsoc and Past Chair of WICE
- Talks on Leadership and IEEE Comsoc Membership/ WICE Membership Driven Activities.
Detailed program agenda coming soon.
(Subject to change)
*Times listed are in Indian Standard Time (IST)
- Day 1: Tuesday, 11 July 2023
Time Session 10:00 - 11:00 Inaugural of IEEE Summer School
Chief Guest & Guest of Honour, IEEE Hyderabad Section
11:00 - 12:30 Review of Wireless Communications and MIMO Techniques
Speaker: Dr. Swades, IIT Delhi
Break 14:00 - 15:30 Two-User Cooperative Transmission Schemes
Speaker: Dr. Brijesh Kumbhani, IIT Ropar
Poster Presentation Contest, Article Writing Contest, Online Hackathon
- Day 2: Wednesday, 12 July 2023
Time Session 09:00 - 10:30 Fundamental Limits of Cooperative and Relay Network
Speaker: N. Venkatesh, Sr. Director, Silicon Labs
11:00 - 12:30 Cooperation Relaying in OFDM and MIMO Systems
Speaker: Dr. Abhinav Kumar, IIT Hyderabad
Break 14:00 - 15:30 Networking and Cross-Layer Issues in Cooperative Networks
Speaker: Prof. Kalpana Dakha, IIT Guhwati
18:30 - 20:00 Poster Presentation Contest & Gala Dinner
- Day 3: Thursday, 13 July 2023
Time Session 09:00 - 14:30 Workshop on Wireless Sensors Technologies
Workshop by STM Microelectronics & Digitod Technologies
14:30 - 15:30 Panel Discussion on IEEE Comsoc Women in Leadership 15:30 - 16:00 Closing Ceremony
Chief Guest & IEEE Hyderabad Section
Participation is available for a limited number of ComSoc Student Members on a first come, first served basis. Once registration is full, we will post a note that it is closed on the website. IEEE ComSoc Student Membership is required in order to register and attend the event. Not currently a member? Join now.
Travel and accommodation expenses will be the responsibility of student participants. Meals and refreshments will be provided to students during the event.
Registration is now closed for this event.
IMPORTANT: Once you register, if you are unable to attend the event, please email email@example.com to cancel your registration since food and beverages will be ordered based on your registration details.
Please note: Participation is subject to applicable law.
Participants in ComSoc School Series events must:
- be an IEEE Communications Society Student or Graduate Student Member
- not have previously attended a ComSoc School Series events (including Summer or Autumn School)
- be proficient in spoken and written English