Present and Future of Communications and Their Applications: 5G and Beyond
Dates: 23-27 August 2021
Venue: Online / Virtual
Organizers: IEEE ComSoc Argentina Chapter & the IEEE ComSoc Educational Services Board
Program Chair: Dr. José Ignacio Alvarez-Hamelin Organizing Committee Chair (ComSoc Chapter Chair)
Organizing Committee Members:
Eng. Ricardo Veiga, Organizing Committee Co-Chair
Eng.. Carlos Belaustegui Goitia, Organizing Committee member
Dr. Leonardo Rey Vega, Program Committee Chair
Dr. Juan Augusto Maya, Program Committee member
Dr. Andrés Altieri, Program Committee member
Eng. Pablo Marino, Facilities
Eng. Marcelo Doallo, UTN liaison
The 9th Edition of the IEEE ComSoc School Series is being organized by the IEEE ComSoc Argentina Chapter and will take place on 23-27 August 2021 completely online.
The program will focus on:
- Wireless communications
- Applications of IoT
- Celular Networks and 6G
- Artificial Intelligence in communications
- Software Defined Radio: applications and practice
- Dr. Vincent Chan, IEEE ComSoc President, MIT, US
- Dr. Walaa Hamouda, IEEE ComSoc Distinguish Lecturer, Concordia University, Canada
- Dr. Shiwen Mao, IEEE ComSoc Distinguish Lecturer, Auburn University, US
- Dr. Bruno Clerckx, IEEE ComSoc Distinguish Lecturer: Imperial College London, UK
- Dr. Yan Zhang, IEEE ComSoc Distinguish Lecturer, University of Oslo, Norway
- Dr. Arumugam Nallanathan, IEEE ComSoc Distinguish Lecturer, National University of Singapore
- Dr. Marco Di Renzo, IEEE Senior Member, Université Paris-Saclay, France
- Dr. Nelson Fonseca, IEEE Senior Member, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Brazil
- Dr. Federico La Rocca, Universidad de la República, Uruguay
Participants in the IEEE ComSoc School Series program must be a current IEEE Communications Society Student Member. Not currently a ComSoc Student Member? Join now.
Please note: As a U.S. based organization, IEEE must comply with applicable U.S. government regulations that may affect an individual’s eligibility to participate in these events. At this time, individuals from OFAC comprehensively sanctioned countries are not eligible to participate in these 2021 events. For more information please visit IEEE OFAC Sanctions Programs and/or contact your event organizer.
General Event Program and Registration: Check back again soon for more details on the overall program and general event registration.
Special SDR Hands-On Session: Applications are now being accepted for the Software-Defined Radio hands-on session that is taking place online on 24-26 August 2021 from 13:00-17:00 Argentina Standard Time (GMT-3) each day as a part of the ComSoc School Series Buenos Aires Virtual Event. This hands-on session will take place online only and is open to a limited number of students which will be selected during the application process. Please note that the session will be delivered in Spanish only, therefore students must understand Spanish in order to participate. Applications are due by 1 July.