The following list of suggested references has been created to guide candidates towards the topics that are relevant to wireless technologies covered by the IEEE WCET™ certification examination. The list is, however, not exhaustive; many other useful resources exist and should be considered by applicants studying for the examination. Inclusion on this list is not intended as an endorsement of any book, nor does absence from this list imply anything about the content or utility of any reference.
- C.A. Balanis, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 4th Ed., Wiley, 2016.
- C. Beard and W. Stallings, Wireless Communication Networks and Systems, Pearson, 2016.
- E. Dahlman, S. Parkvall, and J. Skold, 4G: LTE-Advanced Pro and the road to 5G, 3rd Ed., Academic Press, 2016.
- D. Declercq, M. Fossorier, E. Biglieri, Channel Coding: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications, Elsevier, 2014
- R. Kreher and Gaenger, LTE Signaling: Troubleshooting and Performance Measurements, 2nd Ed., Wiley, 2016.
- H. Lehpamer, Microwave Transmission Networks, 2nd Ed., McGraw Hill, 2010.
- C. Oestges and B. Clerckx, MIMO Wireless Networks: Channels, Techniques and Standards, 2nd Ed., Academic Press, 2013.
- J.G. Proakis and M. Salehi, Fundamentals of Communication Systems, 2nd Ed., Pearson, 2014.
- T. S. Rappaport, R. Heath, R. Daniels, J. Murdock, Millimeter Wave Wireless Communication, Prentice Hall, 2015.
- M. Richharia, Mobile Satellite Communications: Principles and Trends, Wiley, 2014.
- G. Shi, K. Li, Signal Interference in WiFi and ZigBee Networks, Springer, 2017.
- W. Stallings, Foundations of Modern Networking: SDN, NFV, QoE, IoT, and Cloud, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2015.
- P. Goransson, C. Black, T. Culver, Software Defined Networks: A Comprehensive Approach, Morgan Kaufmann, 2016.
- R. Chayapathi, S.F. Hassan, P. Shah, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) With a Touch of SDN, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2016.
- S.V. Kartalopoulos, Security of Information and Communication Networks, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2009.
- J. F. Kurose, K. W. Ross, Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach, Pearson, 2016.
J.D. Gibson, Editor-in-Chief, The Mobile Communications Handbook (3rd Ed.), CRC Press, 2012.
International Telecommunications Union – Radio communication Sector
Land Mobile Handbook, multiple volumes
Satellite Communications Handbook
National Association of Broadcasters Engineering Handbook (11th Edition), Focal Press / NAB, Oct 2017
Jong-Moon Chung, Wireless Communication Emerging Technologies, MOOC created by Yonsei University
J.P. Linnartz, Wireless Communication Reference Website, Chapter 3: Wireless Propagation Channels