8 September 2022 - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm EDT
Registration closes on 6 September 2022 at 5:00pm EDT
Online via WebEx
$149 IEEE ComSoc member
|Not a member? Join ComSoc Today
IEEE Members can add ComSoc to their membership.
CEU Credits: 0.3 CEUs
This course focuses on non-cellular wireless systems. Wireless local area networks—most notably Wi-Fi—are studied along with their security features. Wireless personal area networks including Bluetooth (both legacy and low-energy), Ultra-Wideband (UWB) and RFID are also covered. Additionally, ad hoc networks, including mesh networks and wireless sensor networks, and Internet of Things (IoT) features are examined. The course concludes with a look at architecture and features of satellite communication, along with an overview of wireless positioning and location techniques.
Special note: This is the fourth in a series of four courses addressing the overall technologies in wireless communications. The four courses in the series include:
- Fundamentals of Wireless Communication, 27-28 July
- Network and Service Architecture, 17-18 August
- Cellular Networks, 24-25 August
- Non-cellular Wireless Systems, 8 September
Who Should Attend
Wireless system developers, management, and marketing personnel should take this course to expand their knowledge of short-range wireless devices and systems and to learn about satellite communication and methods of wireless positioning.
Take this course to gain an understanding of
- Wi-Fi network architecture and the evolution of device and system capabilities through specification amendments
- Wi-Fi security
- Bluetooth features and the differences between legacy Bluetooth and Bluetooth low-energy
- Ad hoc network architecture vs. access point control
- Integration of devices in the internet of things
- Energy harvesting
- Configurations for satellite communication
- How wireless devices can provide local and global positioning.
- Wireless Local Area Networks
- Wireless Personal Area Networks
- Ultra Wideband (UWB)
- Ad hoc networks
- Mesh networks
- Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Energy harvesting
- Satellite communication
- Positioning and location
Each registered participant receives a copy of instructor slides and access to the recording of the course for 20 business days after the live lecture. Earn 0.3 IEEE Continuing Education Units for participating.
Upon registration, you will automatically be emailed the WebEx invitation for the course session, but you will also be sent a reminder message to join the WebEx session prior to the start of the course. Course materials will be emailed to you and will be available for download from the WebEx session page for this course, the day prior to the scheduled course date.
Course Cancellation and Refund Policy: Requests for online course cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the course date for a full refund. Once course materials have been shared with a participant, a cancellation request cannot be accommodated.
For general inquiries and technical support, contact Tara McNally, Certification and Professional Education Manager.