The IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) invites you to nominate outstanding candidates for ComSoc’s Distinguished Lecturers (DL) Program which has become a very popular and valuable service for our members. For years, the ComSoc DL program has provided the means for ComSoc chapters and other organizations to identify and arrange lectures by renowned authorities on communications and networking-related topics. You can view the list of current lecturers and find information about the program here.
Deadline: To nominate a candidate to serve as a Distinguished Lecturer from January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2022 please complete this form by September 30, 2020. There will not be an extension of this deadline.
Notification: Notification of selected nominees will be announced at GLOBECOM in December 2020.
- An individual is eligible to serve as a ComSoc Distinguished Lecturer provided s/he is i) a senior member of IEEE or higher, and ii) a member of ComSoc.
- Nomination by a ComSoc member: the nominator must also be a senior member of IEEE or higher. Self nominations are permitted.
- Nomination by a ComSoc technical community (TC): TCs are encouraged to nominate up to four candidates every year.
Evaluation Criteria: The following criteria are used in selecting Distinguished Lecturers among the pool of nominees:
- Is the nominee an engaging speaker?
- Is the nominee a leader in any communications-related area?
- Are the nominee's areas of expertise and proposed talk topics of broad interest to ComSoc members?
Distinguished Lecturer Term: The term of appointment as a Distinguished Lecturer is two years. A person can be appointed as a Distinguished Lecturer more than once. At the discretion of the Committee, an appointment as a Distinguished Lecturer can be continued for an additional two-year term.
Distinguished Lecturer Selection Committee
Questions: If you have questions, you may contact the Distinguished Lecturer Selection Committee Chair, Wanjiun Liao
Nominations that are incomplete or with false information will be rejected.