The contest is now closed. Winners will be announced in early December.
Connection and community.
How has IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) membership made an impact on you? Submit a 1-minute video to the “ComSoc is Where I Connect” video contest by 31 October to tell us how ComSoc has transformed your career, professional development, or opened new doors through networking:
- Express your creativity:
Impress ComSoc members with your original theme
- Make it personal:
ComSoc is a community of people like you!
- Influence others:
Would your video inspire others to join or get more involved in ComSoc?
- Rules of the Road
See the Official Rules for complete details.
- ComSoc members from around the world, as individuals or teams, can submit a short video (1 minute) expressing through story telling the value they enjoy from ComSoc membership and how it has transformed someone’s career, bolstered professional development, or opened new doors through networking. Videos must be submitted by 11:59pm EDT on 31 October 2021.
- A panel of judges from each region (North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific) will evaluate submissions, scoring videos based upon defined criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Communicates a clear message relating to the value of ComSoc membership; relays a personal story
- Offers compelling theme to support ComSoc membership recruitment and retention
- Meets technical requirements (length, format; does not contain inappropriate or copyrighted material)
*See Official Contest Rules for more details.
- One video from each region will be selected as the winner. The individuals or winning teams will receive a prize valued at US$500 for their entry.
- The winners' videos will be shared on social media, and will be featured in ComSoc’s marketing for recruitment and retention purposes.
Who Can Submit a Video?
Our global ComSoc community is welcome to submit a video, but please note:
- The individual or at least one member of the submitting team must be a current IEEE ComSoc member.
- Students, young professionals (YPs), higher grade members, ComSoc chapters and joint chapters, and ComSoc student branch chapters are encouraged to participate.
- There is a limit of one submission per person or team.
The team is happy to address any questions you may have about the contest, criteria, or usage of materials. Please email your questions to email@example.com and we will have a team member get back to you.