Submit your Video
ComSoc members from around the world are invited to submit a 1-minute video highlighting how Comsoc has transformed someone’s career, professional development, or opened new doors through networking. The videos may be submitted by individuals or teams, as long as at least one submitter is a ComSoc member.
How to Submit a Video
This contest entry period opens on October 1, 2021 8:00 AM US EST.
- Record your 1-minute video sharing how ComSoc helps you connect. Make sure the video is a .mp4 file and less than 50 MB in size.
- Open the Entry Form and answer the questions and upload your video directly to the form. Entries must be received by October 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.
Note: There is a limit of 1 entry per person or per team.
See the Official Contest Rules for more details.
Video entries can be of any genre (e.g., self-recorded video, animation, documentary, etc.) where submitters share how ComSoc helps them connect with their community, their peers, or advances their career ultimately communicating a clear message and personal story about the value of ComSoc membership.
Recording Your Video
We suggest you use the Zoom.us platform to record your video, but you can use any method that will allow you to deliver a 720p or 1080p, .mp4 video file that is under 500MB file size.
Video Judging Criteria
Each video will be judged on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Communicates a clear message relating to the value of ComSoc membership; relays a personal story
- Offers compelling theme to support ComSoc membership recruitment and retention
- Meets technical requirements (length, format; does not contain inappropriate or copyrighted material)
Your entry must:
- Be relevant to the theme of “ComSoc is Where I Connect”
- Be less than 1 minutes in length
- Be in English or include English subtitles
- Be original content
- Have the proper permission to use any imagery, footage, and other content in the submission and include credit as necessary
- Not contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Submitted in .mp4 format
- Not to exceed 50MB file size