Nominations for the class of 2023 now open.
Next Deadline 1 March 2022
IEEE Fellow Eligibility
- The accomplishments that are being honored shall have contributed importantly to the advancement or application of engineering, science and technology, bringing the realization of significant value to society.
- The nominee shall hold Senior Member or IEEE Life Senior grade at the time the nomination is submitted and shall have been a member in good standing in any grade for a period of five years or more preceding 1 January of the year of elevation.
- Additional eligibility requirements for nominees and others involved in the submission and evaluation process, as well as other related procedures, shall be specified in the IEEE Fellow Committee Operations Manual.
- Self-nominations shall not be permitted.
IEEE Fellow Resources
- IEEE Recommendation Guide for Writing Effective Nominations
- IEEE Recommendation Guide for Effective References and Endorsements
- View webinar video on "Nomination and Elevation of IEEE Fellows from Industry–Perception & Reality", presented by Stefano Galli.
Youtube | Youku
- View slides on "Nomination and Elevation of IEEE Fellows from Industry–Perception & Reality", presented by Stefano Galli.
Recognizing Leaders in Communications Technology: IEEE Fellow
We acknowledge the extraordinary contributions and accomplishments by our members in IEEE fields of interest through our Fellow recognition program. Election to the grade of IEEE Fellow is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed upon a member by our Society. Only a select few will earn this prestigious status for their outstanding technical, educational, and leadership achievements.