IEEE Communications Society has been organizing an official Summer School since 2015 to provide to its Student Members an overview and hands-on experience on the latest developments in the key areas of communications.
The IEEE ComSoc Summer School is designed for young professionals, Ph.D. students, or recent graduates studying communications and related areas. It consists of lectures by international experts and includes poster presentations, site visits and hands-on demos. The program covers fundamental, advanced and hot topics in communications.
Proposals for the 2018 edition of the ComSoc Summer School will be reviewed by mid-February 2018 by the IEEE ComSoc Education Services Board.
Deadline for proposals submission: 26 January 2018.
We invite you to submit a proposal including:
- The name and contact details of the main organiser.
- The motivation for location and venue.
- The dates chosen (2 possible two-week periods should be included in the submitted proposals)
- A brief description of the project, its aims and proposed format (number of lectures, technical visits, hands-on sessions, etc.).
- The proposed dissemination strategy and international outreach of the event.
- A list of organisation committee members.
- A list of proposed speakers.
- Confirmed and/or proposed funding.
- Any additional comments.
Please submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
IEEE Communications Society will provide funding, to the extent available, to support free lodging and meals for the duration of the event. However, securing additional funding is extremely useful for a successful organization of the event, and the IEEE Communications Society encourages organizers to include suggestions to that end in the proposal, that may be discussed after selection.