Octavia A. Dobre is a Professor and Research Chair at Memorial University, Canada, which she joined in 2005. Previously, she was with New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA and Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania. She was a Visiting Professor with Université de Bretagne Occidentale, France, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, in 2013.
Her research interests include technologies for 5G and beyond wireless networks, blind signal identification and parameter estimation techniques, as well as optical and underwater communications. She co-authored more than 250 papers in these areas.
Dr. Dobre serves as the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Communications Letters, as well as Editor of the IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials and IEEE Systems. She was Editor and Senior Editor of the IEEE Communications Letters, Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications and Guest Editor of other prestigious journals. She served as General, Technical Program Committee and Tutorial Chair at numerous IEEE conferences. She was the Chair of Signal Processing and Communications Electronics Technical Committee, as well as Chair of Women in Communications Engineering Standing Committee of the IEEE Communications Society. She is a member of the Board of Governors of the same society.
Dr. Dobre was a Royal Society Scholar and a Fulbright Scholar. She is a Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada.
- Technologies for 5G and beyond wireless networks
- Non-orthogonal multiple access for massive machine-type communications
- Automatic signal identification: Classical approaches and new trends
- Signal processing for coherent optical communications
Virtual Lecture Topics
- Blind Signal Identification for Intelligent Radios: Classical Approaches and New Trends
- Beyond 5G Wireless: A Look Towards 2030