Third Quarter 2024
Manuscript Submission Deadline
Call for Papers
Positioning and sensing have recently received considerable attention as key enablers for a series of emerging applications such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and internet of things (IoT), which simultaneously require high data rate communications and accurate positioning and sensing. Currently, satellite based positioning systems such as global positioning system may not be applied to the previously mentioned emerging applications due to the long transmission distance between satellites and ground terminals. Moreover, satellite based positioning systems cannot achieve satisfying performance in indoor applications due to complex propagation environments (i.e., blockings of buildings/walls). This Special Issue aims to gather contributions to positioning and sensing over wireless networks from both academia and industry. Thereby, the Special Issue will advance on the development of fundamental theories for positioning/sensing over wireless networks and the optimization of wireless network-based positioning/sensing for the implementation of new applications such as AR/VR and IoT. Moreover, due to the use of wireless networks, energy efficiency, sustainability, security and privacy issues that will affect positioning and sensing are also considered in this Special Issue. Suitable topics for this Special Issue include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Information-theoretical limits for positioning and sensing.
- Network architecture and transmission protocol for positioning and sensing.
- Waveform/coding/modulation design for positioning and sensing.
- Radio frequency based positioning and sensing method design
- Millimeter-wave/THz/visible light communication for positioning and sensing.
- Multiple-input and multiple-output (MIMO), and massive MIMO for positioning and sensing.
- Position and sensing design in IoT, autonomous vehicle systems, and AR/VR systems.
- Machine learning/AI enhanced positioning and sensing.
- Positioning and sensing based on adaptive filters.
- Security and privacy issues in positioning and sensing systems.
- Sustainable positioning and sensing method design.
- Energy efficient positioning and sensing method design.
- Experimental testbeds and techniques of positioning and sensing systems.
Prospective authors should prepare their manuscripts in accordance with the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications guidelines. For details, please refer to the author guide at the IEEE JSAC website. All papers should be submitted through EDAS.
Manuscript Submission Deadline: 13 November 2023 (Deadline Extended)
First Notification: 30 January 2024
Revised Papers Due: 15 February 2024
Acceptance Notification: 1 April 2024
Final Manuscript Due: 15 April 2024
Publication Date: Third Quarter 2024
Yang Yang (Lead)
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
University of Miami, USA
The University of British Columbia, Canada
Northumbri University, UK
Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
Auburn University, USA