Manuscript Submission Deadline
Call for Papers
Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have become very popular in recent years and are extensively used by users to connect and communicate with their friends. Due to the increasing number social network users, and the various use cases that the applications are created for, huge volume of data are being generated, for example, Facebook has over 1.23 billion monthly active users and Twitter generates 500 million tweets per day and around 200 billion tweets per year. This huge amount of user data available on social platforms can be used towards improving the quality of people’s lives as well as benefiting various interest groups like public agencies, companies, advertisers, application developers, and data-mining researchers. Therefore, in recent years, researchers in academia and industry have been advancing the theory, operation, and applications of social networks. Luckily for swamped social media researchers, new technology enables brands to extract useful knowledge using artificial intelligence. The rapid developments in AI technology encounter great opportunities as well as challenges for social networks. Artificial Intelligence (AI) approaches are considered as a good candidate here, as they have already been proven to be successful in other information-intensive and knowledge-critical domains. This Special Issue of TNSE is dedicated to advances in all aspects of AI-empowered Social Media Analysis. The open research topic is not only closely related to people’s life and social development but also has a wide range of applications in military affairs, including aerospace, military reconnaissance, grid system, transportation, intelligent medical, environmental monitoring, industrial control, etc.
The proposed Special Issue (SI) provides a ground for emerging research ideas on how AI can make a valuable contribution towards solving problems in social networks. Contributions may come from diverse fields, including artificial intelligence; privacy of social network data; data mining and context awareness for social networks; pattern recognition; system modeling and optimization; Web-intelligence; mobile, wearable, and ubiquitous computing; ambient intelligence; Big data model and organization. Topics of interest for this Special Issue include, but are not limited to:
- Convolutional/recurrent neural networks for social networks
- Deep feedforward/belief/residual networks for social networks
- Transfer learning for social networks
- Generative adversarial networks for social networks
- Cloud computation for social networks
- Systems for neural computing (including deep neural networks)
- Privacy preserving user data storage and management for large-scale social networks
- Privacy aware user data collection techniques for large-scale social networks
- Big data solutions, including the handling and analysis of data streams
- Interactions between augmented humans and the pervasive computing environment, including intelligent assistants and smart cities, homes, and cars
- Intelligent system modelling and optimization for social networks
- Intelligent pattern recognition for social networks
- AI for specialized problem-solving and various social network based applications in business, education, health, safety, engineering, finance and environment.
Prospective authors are invited to submit their manuscripts electronically, adhering to the IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering guidelines.
Note that the page limit is the same as that of regular papers. Please submit your papers through the online system and be sure to select the special issue or special section name. Manuscripts should not be published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere. Please submit only full papers intended for review, not abstracts, to the ScholarOne portal. If requested, abstracts should be sent by e-mail to the Guest Editors directly.
Manuscript Submission: 1 January 2020
Notification of Review: 1 April 2020
Revised Manuscript Due: 15 May 2020
Notification of Acceptance: 1 July 2020
Final Accepted Manuscript Due: 31 July 2020
Yingshu Li (Lead Guest Editor)
Georgia State University, USA
Florida Atlantic University, USA
Tsinghua University, China
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia