Manuscript Submission Deadline
Call for Papers
Legacy copper infrastructure originally designed to serve voice services (twisted pair network) or television services (coaxial network) has performed vastly beyond specification and continues to deliver increased broadband speeds. The ability to offer gigabit speeds has been fueled by advances in digital signal processing and by a steady migration towards fiber rich access networks where only the last "mile" into the homes remains copper based (FTTx).
For this Feature Topic (FT), we invite authors to submit their papers in this topic. We are interested in innovative manuscripts that offer original perspectives and analysis that augment service offerings over the ultra-broadband fixed access networks.
The scope of this FT includes, but is not limited to,
- Network architectural evolutions and techno-economic analysis
- Next generation physical and medium access protocols and algorithms
- G.(mg)fast, Full Duplex DOCSIS, DOCSIS 4.0, (Long-Reach) VDSL2
- Signal propagation and scattering models
- Advances in surface wave propagation, Terabit DSL.
- Fiber rich access networks – FTTx, remote PHY, MAC/PHY, PON
- Enhanced services such as low latency and multi-point indoor coverage
- Role of the access network in non-residential access: mobile x-haul and enterprise
- Challenges and solutions for reverse power feed
- Access and home network management and coordination
Manuscripts should conform to the standard format as indicated in the Information for Authors section of the Manuscript Submission Guidelines.
All manuscripts to be considered for publication must be submitted by the deadline through Manuscript Central. Select the "May 2019/High-Speed Copper and Coax Broadband" topic from the drop-down menu of Topic/Series titles.
Manuscript Submission Deadline: 10 November 2018
Decision Notification: 1 February 2019
Final Manuscript Due: 15 March 2019
Publication Date: May 2019
Nokia Bell Labs
Anas Al Rawi
BT labs and University of Cambridge
Mahdi Ben Ghorbel
University of British Colombia