This award-winning magazine brings you the latest international coverage of current issues and advances in key areas of wireless, optical and wired communications. Written in tutorial applications-driven style by the industry's leading experts, IEEE Communications Magazine delivers practical, current information on hot topics, implementations, and best industry practices.
Considered by many to be their most important member benefit. This monthly magazine becomes your single most important source of state-of-the-science communications information.
Updated IEEE official scope June 2022: IEEE Communications Magazine provides timely information on all aspects of (electrical/electronic) communications. The magazine covers services (telecommunications, multimedia, Internet and digital), network (including its softwarization, as well as underlying infrastructure) and device technology, support systems, transversal topics like artificial intelligence applied to telecommunications, market trends, strategy and regulatory issues. Articles are tutorial in nature and written in a style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article. These articles are complemented with non-indexed columns.
- Considered by most to be their most important member benefit
- One of the top periodicals in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and more specifically in Telecommunications (Journal Citation Report-Article Influence Score prestige indicator)
- One of the largest by audience (almost 30k subscribers, several thousand print ones)
- IEEE magazine with most downloads in IEEExplore
- Flagship IEEE publication
- Best of breed authors (IEEE Medal of Honor, ComSoc Career Awards: Edwin Howard Armstrong Achievement / Distinguished Industry Leader Award): Andrew Viterbi, Vint Cerf, Yann LeCun, Siavash Alamouti, Robert Kahn, G. David Forney Jr., John M. Cioffi, Andrea Goldsmith...
- Highest peer-review quality with a minimum of 3 diverse reviewers, editor recommendation and EiC/AEiC decision (with full ethics compliance)
- 90-day IEEE limit for decision making
- Early access
- Highest production quality: copyeditting, magazine colour production...
- Industry: relevant presence:
- editorial board
- Best user experience for authors: IEEE Author Portal (single sign-on with IEEE account, automatic metadata extraction...), Paperpal Preflight (Artificial Intelligence tool to help authors with language issues), fully digital process (electronic Copyright Form...)
To become a volunteer of the IEEE Communications Magazine Editorial Board, please fill out the online application.
ComMag is soliciting creative Feature Topic (FT) proposals to complement its Series and Open Call publication tracks.