Manuscript Submission Deadline
Call for Papers
Internet of Things (IoT) is a paradigm that involves a network of physical objects containing embedded technologies to collect, communicate, sense, and interact with their internal states or the external environment through wireless or wired connections. Most of the IoT devices have wireless capabilities (e.g., wi-fi, Bluetooth). With rapid advancements in IoT technology，the number of IoT devices is expected to surpass 50 billion by 2020, which has drawn the attention of attackers who seek to exploit the merits of this new technology for their own benefits. The exposure of resource-constrained IoT devices to the dangers of the Internet opens the door to a plethora of potential security and privacy risks to the IoT, such as attacks against IoT systems and unauthorized access to private information of end-users. As IoT starts to penetrate to virtually all sectors of the society, such as retail, transportation, healthcare, energy supply, and smart cities, security breaches may be catastrophic to the actual users and the physical world. Such threats may diminish the public confidence towards the adoption of the IoT technology.
Although there are existing works that address the security challenges in network and distributed systems, we need to pay more attention the security and privacy challenges emerging from deploying IoT in practical applications with a special emphasis on the wireless IoT devices, infrastructures, wireless networking, and applications. The purpose of this special issue is to provide the academic and industrial communities an excellent venue to present and discuss technical challenges and recent advances related to security and privacy techniques for wireless IoT. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Intrusion prevention, detection, and response for wireless IoT networks.
- Implementation, deployment and management of network security policies in the IoT.
- Cross-domain trust management in wireless IoT.
- Integrating security in IoT protocols: routing, naming, network management.
- Security for future wireless IoT architectures and designs.
- Secure crowdsourcing in wireless IoT.
- Secure wireless communication protocols in the IoT.
- Security and privacy of wireless IoT systems based on machine learning.
- Privacy and anonymity technologies for wireless IoT.
- Privacy in wireless IoT-based services and applications.
- Privacy in mobile and wireless communications for IoT.
- Privacy-preserving authentication in wireless IoT.
- Privacy-preserving attack detections in wireless IoT.
- Privacy-preserving data aggregation and analysis in wireless IoT applications.
Manuscripts should conform to the standard format as indicated in the Information for Authors section of the Paper Submission Guidelines.
All manuscripts to be considered for publication must be submitted by the deadline through Manuscript Central. Select the “December 2018: Security and Privacy in the Wireless Internet of Things: Emerging Trends and Challenges” topic from the drop-down menu of Topic/Series titles.
Manuscript Submission Deadline: March 1, 2018
Initial Decision Date: May 1, 2018
Revised Manuscript Due: June 10, 2018
Final Decision Date: July 10, 2018
Final Manuscript Due: August 10, 2018
Publication Date: December 2018
Xiaojiang (James) Du
Temple University, USA
National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Beijing Institute of Technology, China
University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
Beijing Acorn Network Technology Co., Ltd., China