You are here
IEEE ICC 2017 offers an unsurpassed educational agenda along with a unique opportunity to exchange visions and viewpoints with nearly 2,000 scholars and leading researchers from 70+ countries.
Themed “Bridging People, Communities and Cultures,” IEEE ICC 2017 will be highlighted by more than 1,800 presentations, keynotes, panels, forums and technical sessions as well as the exhibits and patronage of numerous technology industry leaders including Huawei, Nokia, Qualcomm, National Instruments, Keysight, LoRa Alliance, Orange, Sequans Communications, Leti Cea Tech, IEEE GreenICT, Itracom Telecom, Mitsubishi and Pragmadev.
High-level representatives from prominent industry companies and research institutions will explore the entire communications spectrum ranging from mobile cloud computing and cooperative intelligent transport communications to social and Internet of Things (IoT) networking services and applications.
Distinguished scholars will present nearly 1,000 original papers exploring topics within next-generation, mobile and wireless, ad hoc and sensor networking; signal processing and wireless communications: communications theory; optical networks and systems; communication QoS, reliability & modeling; communication software, services and multimedia applications; communications and information systems security; and cognitive radio and networks.
In addition to its comprehensive program, the conference will host two IEEE co-located events on IoT and green technology. The IEEE IoT Vertical & Topical Summit for Agriculture on will focus on IoT applications in the agriculture market and will feature speakers from Cisco, IBM, SAP, Orange and others. The IEEE Greening Through ICT Summit will build awareness of and identify challenges to the use of information and communications technology (ICT) as a tool to improve environmental and societal functions, and improving the energy efficiency, carbon footprint and life cycle management of ICT itself. This Summit will culminate with a World Cafe, in which attendees will break into small groups to propose solutions to the identified challenges.
Join us 21-25 May at IEEE ICC 2017 for an in-depth understanding of the latest communications advances worldwide. To learn more about IEEE ICC 2017 and its co-located events, visit http://icc2017.ieee-icc.org.
9:00am to 4:30pm EDT
The scope of positioning solutions have expanded significantly since the U.S. FCC mandated automatic location reporting on emergency calls from cellular phones in the 1990's.
Join us for this live online course taught by our instructor, wireless communications expert, Alan Bensky, who will guide you through key principles, practices and applications of wireless position estimation techniques, and put you at the forefront of the latest positioning and location technologies.
Gain an understanding of the following:
• cellular location
• Long Term Evolution (LTE) – OFDM modulation
• the positioning reference signals in LTE
• collaboration between mobile handsets and its role in location awareness
• how MIMO improves positioning capability
• the essentials of data fusion, the Kalman filter and inertial measuring devices
Up-to-date principles, practices and applications of wireless position estimation techniques are covered in this course, rendering it invaluable to individuals who are:
• managing, planning, designing and deploying location awareness projects
• responsible for developing products containing positioning features for general purposes
• supporting first responders and homeland security operations
• looking for an overview of the state of cellular positioning
You can earn 0.6 IEEE Continuing Education Units for participating.
A professional credential, such as IEEE WCP (Wireless Communications Professional) is a great testimony of your 2017 accomplishments, not to mention it’s a valuable addition to your resume.
- Globally recognized and vendor-neutral credential
- Demonstrates knowledge across the breadth of wireless communications
- Cultivates mastery of all aspects of wireless engineering technology for ever growing vertical and horizontal integrations
- Recognition of knowledge and on-the-job experience needed to be successful in the industry
- Emblem of personal, professional achievement
- International industry participation in credential development process
3) Take an online course to get an overall review of the 7 Key areas of wireless communications.
~ Tonna Aguolu, IEEE WCP, BP Oil International Ltd., London, UK
~ Aakash Bansal, IEEE WCP, Nexius, Inc., Redmond, WA, USA
Spring Application Deadline: 31 March 2017 by 23:59 UTC
Testing Window: 17 April - 13 May 2017