Your Global Network : We are ComSoc, the IEEE Communications Society
We are all called to communications technology. Our reasons and regions may be widely different, but our goal is the same:
To advance communications and networking technology for the betterment of humanity.
Right now, in more than 140 countries around the world, tens of thousands of members are actively working as engineers, academics, practitioners, scientists, executives, and associates—contributing new ideas and information to our collective knowledge, developing higher industry standards, and changing the way we all communicate, for the better.
Our Mission Statement
The IEEE Communications Society promotes technological innovation and fosters creation and sharing of information among the global technical community. The Society provides services to members for their technical and professional advancement and forums for technical exchanges among professionals in academia, industry, and public institutions.
Our Vision Statement
To bring the world together in harmony through communications and networking technology research, application, education, and incubation of new ideas.
Originally founded in 1952 as the Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE) Professional Group on Communication Systems (PGCS), today’s IEEE Communications Society (IEEE ComSoc) has evolved to include a diverse group of global industry professionals dedicated to advancing all communication technologies and the improvement of the world around them.
An independent Society of IEEE since 1972, our 220+ professional Chapters and 220+ student branch chapters in 140+ countries is comprised of 30,000 members who—
- Discover the latest breakthroughs, cutting-edge information and research on communications technologies sharing their learnings through access to diverse ComSoc 5 magazines, 21 journals and 43 conferences.
- Connect and collaborate through networking opportunities and participate in local technical activities with any of our 220+ chapters / 220+ student branch chapters around the world.
- Stay relevant and deepen our communities' understanding of key aspects of communications technologies through quality training, certification programs and Technical Committees.
- Award and recognize the outstanding contributions of fellow members in the fields of communications and their service to the society through the ComSoc awards program.
- Achieve more with special discounts on member pricing for key IEEE ComSoc publications, conferences, and professional development programs.
Today, we are proud to call IEEE ComSoc the premier international organization for engineering professionals in communications technology and information networking.
IEEE Communications Society’s Board of Governors are appointed to serve a worldwide network of engineering professionals.
The IEEE Communications Society has volunteer opportunities in conferences and publications that encompass a wide range of skills and activities.