Technical Committees (TCs) of the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) organize and provide the environment for members to carry out the Society’s technological pursuits. By addressing a very diverse list of topics, IEEE ComSoc’s TCs bring together professionals with common interests to share their views, findings, and advancements.
IEEE ComSoc Technical Committees Newsletter is an online publication whose goal is to disseminate the activities conducted by ComSoc TCs and the technologies furthered by them. The newsletter will publish news from TCs, interviews, as well as short technical articles.
IEEE ComSoc Technical Committees Newsletter publishes articles of 1000-2000 words whose authors operate in the context of ComSoc TCs.
When you offer or accept an invitation to submit an article, please provide your ComSoc affiliation. Please, also provide 1-2 images or drawings to help illustrate your article.
Submitted articles are edited and reviewed before being assigned to a specific issue. Final articles, revised if necessary to accommodate reviewers’ comments, should be submitted with a bio and headshot photograph of all authors. Articles are accepted on a rolling basis and will be assigned a particular deadline and issue by the Managing Editor.
The goal of the IEEE ComSoc Technical Committees Newsletter is to showcase the state-of-the-art of the technology. Focus is given in practical timely technological advancements promoted and fostered by TCs activities together with the IEEE ComSoc community.
We invite prospective authors to submit articles with strong practical aspects, rather than strong technical elements, in order to inform the community about the updates and advancements in the area.
Articles should be 1000-2000 words in length, including an abstract no longer than 50 words. Authors are expected to use the template provided (MSWord, LaTeX). Please make sure your opening paragraphs communicate your main message and convey why that message is relevant or important for readers to appreciate it.
Elements to be potentially discussed/considered in a newsletter article include, for example:
- Challenges and opportunities for future developments in the topics addressed by each TC;
- Technological innovations, advancements, and recent achievements as a result of TCs members’ efforts;
- Review of the state-of-the-art, pointing out what are the emerging technologies and why they are important and what is their potential;
- Considerations about the implementation and deployment of recent advancements, including difficulties, challenges, and opportunities;
- Discussions about costs and risks for new technologies (and associated implementation/deployment processes), and the benefits and impacts associated with them.
In addition, topics of interest include but are not limited to the focus of IEEE ComSoc’s TCs:
- Ad Hoc & Sensor Networks
- Big Data
- Cognitive Networks
- Communication Theory
- Communications & Information Security
- Communications Quality and Reliability
- Communications Software
- Communications Switching & Routing
- Communications Systems Integration & Modeling
- Computer Communications
- Data Storage
- Green Communications & Computing
- Information Infrastructure & Networking
- Molecular, Biological and Multi-Scale Communications
- Multimedia Communications
- Network Operations & Management
- Optical Networking
- Power Line Communications
- Radio Communications
- Satellite & Space Communications
- Signal Processing & Communications Electronics
- Smart Grid Communications
- Social Networks
- Tactile Internet
- Transmission, Access, & Optical Systems
Please address questions or submit your article, including your short-bio (around 100 words), high-resolution photo, and images/illustrations via the JEMS submission system, at https://jems.sbc.org.br/ComSocTCsNewsletter.
Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville, IEEE ComSoc Technical Committees Newsletter Editor-in-Chief, email@example.com
Thank you for contributing to this insightful and influential publication!