This journal is indexed by Scopus and receives an impact factor.
The goal of this journal is to advance and promote significant technology advances in green communications and networks including wireline, optical, and wireless communications and networks. Green communications and networking in this context means sustainable, energy-efficient, energy-aware, and environmentally aware communications and networking. The journal will promote innovations, new technologies, concepts, and principles toward a sustainable information and communications technology (ICT).
Original research articles are solicited. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Energy sustainable communications, sensing and edge computing for 6G and beyond;
- Green AI and machine learning;
- Green wireline, optical, and wireless communications and networks;
- Network and physical layer design, strategies, algorithms, protocols, and scheduling that consider environmental factors;
- Energy-efficient and energy-aware heterogeneous networks, self-organized, and low-power sensor networks;
- Energy efficiency in machine-to-machine communications, cooperative communications, and smart grid networks;
- Energy harvesting, storage, and recycling for network cross-layer optimization;
- Environmentally-aware designs of communications and networking devices and systems; and
- Communications and networking for environmental protection monitoring.
To become a volunteer of the IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking Editorial Board, please fill out the online application.