Duties of the Editor-in-Chief
- Coordinate all JSAC activities.
- Review proposal evaluations, and make appropriate decisions on new issues.
- Assign a Senior Editor to act as the JSAC Board Representative to new issues.
- Work with JSAC Board Representative and Guest Editors to insure that issue is published on time and within the page budget.
- Coordinate overall page budget.
- Work with the ComSoc Publications Board and the JSAC Board to continue the development of JSAC.
- Handle problems as they arise.
Duties of the Executive Editor
- Coordinate scheduling of issues.
- Coordinate reviews of JSAC proposals.
- Coordinate publication of calls for papers in JSAC and in other ComSoc publications.
- Keep in close contact with the IEEE Publishing Department to identify problems early in the publications process.
- Keep in contact with lead guest editors and mentors throughout the process of the special issue.
- Receive lists of reviewers, statistics questionnaire, and prize paper nominations as soon as issue is published.
- Schedule meetings of the JSAC Board and prepare minutes of board meetings.
- Maintain JSAC Web pages.
Duties of the Senior Editors
- Evaluate proposals for JSAC issues.
- Overview issues being prepared and those previously published in order to evaluate technical balance.
- Stimulate proposals in technical areas needing attention.
- Serve as JSAC Board Representatives for issues under development to insure that issues are published on schedule and within the page budget.
- Receive from guest editors lists of reviewers, statistics questionnaire, prize paper nominations, and recommendations of papers to summarize in ComSoc Technology News, as soon as the issue is published.
- Review prize paper nominations and recommendations of papers to summarize in ComSoc Technology News.