8 May 2019 - 9:00 am to 4:30 pm EDT
Registration closes on 6 May 2019 at 5:00pm EDT.
Online via WebEx
$279 IEEE ComSoc member
|Not a member? Join ComSoc Today
IEEE Members can add ComSoc to their membership.
What You Need to Know to Create a New Product or Service
Machine-to-Machine (M2M) products and services are an essential component of the Internet of Things (IoT). This one-day essentials course covers the most important things you need to consider when developing a new Internet of Things or Machine- to-Machine product or service.
Who Should Attend
Designed specifically for individuals and companies looking to enter the new world of wireless for the Internet of Things and Machine-to-Machine communications. This course covers the most important things you will need to know when developing a new IoT or M2M product or service.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define IoT and M2M and clarify the main components that comprise a cellular IoT / M2M solution
- List the possible overall processes involved in bringing a solution to the IoT / M2M marketplace
- Describe the wireless technologies and hardware available and the selection criteria for a solution
- List steps to consider when designing the solution up front in preparation for ease of certification
- Describe the Over-the-Air Performance Considerations
- List the M2M platforms available to manage the SIMS/Devices
This course covers the following topics:
- Common IoT / M2M applications
- IoT / M2M communications architecture
- Major elements of an IoT / M2M solution
- Technology choice selection
- Development and implementation issues
- Testing and certification
- IoT / M2M business ecosystem
Below is the approximate timeline for the course. Please note that timing may slightly change depending on the number of questions posed to the instructor.
9:00-9:15 - Introduction and Logistics
9:15-10:30 - Applications, Architecture, & Protocols
10:30-10:45 - Break
10:45-12:00 - Business view
12:00-1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 2:30 - Implementation cont’d
2:30 – 2:45 - Break
2:45 – 4:30 - Product support
- Operating & management platforms
- Development Flow charts
- SIM cards and Roaming
Each registered participant receives a copy of instructor slides and access to the recording of the course for 15 business days after the live lecture. Earn 0.6 IEEE Continuing Education Units for participating.
Course Cancellation and Refund Policy: Requests for online course cancellations must be received 3 business days prior to the course date for a full refund. Once course materials have been shared with a participant, a cancellation request cannot be accommodated.
For general inquiries and technical support, contact Tara Gallus, Certification and Professional Education Manager.