Manuscript Submission Deadline
Call for Papers
Current sound-based practices and systems point to convergent research trends that bring together the field of Sound and Music Computing with that of the Internet of Things (IoT). These endeavors are spurring the emergence of the Internet of Sounds (IoS) research area. The IoS relates to the network of devices capable of sensing, acquiring, processing, actuating, and exchanging data serving the purpose of communicating sound-related information. The IoS can be seen as the union of two paradigms: the Internet of Musical Things and the Internet of Audio Things, which respectively address musical and non-musical domains in networked contexts.
In the past few years the IoS area has increasingly attracted the attention of researchers in both industrial and academic contexts. Today there is a flowering of scholarly interest in the IoS as demonstrated by an increasing number of publications on IoS related topics, the growing number of practitioners gathering at the annual conference of the community (the International Symposium on the Internet of Sounds), as well as the creation of a dedicated Emerging Technology Initiative by the IEEE Communications Society.
This Feature Topic (FT) aims to bring together researchers, industry practitioners, and individuals working on IoS systems and related areas to share their new ideas, latest findings, and state-of-the-art results. Prospective authors are invited to submit articles on topics including, but not limited to:
- 5G/6G architectures for the Internet of Sounds
- Wireless acoustic sensor networks
- Networked music performance systems
- Spatial Audio for the Internet of Sounds
- Networked Musical XR
- Detection and classification of sounds in acoustic sensor networks
- Machine learning over wireless networks of embedded audio systems
- Sound-based anomaly detection and sound-based predictive maintenance in networked settings
- Web Audio for the Internet of Sounds
- Packet loss concealment methods
- Protocols and exchange formats for the Internet of Sounds
- Cloud-based services for musical and audio applications
- Music education applications for the Internet of Musical Things
- Intelligent music production in Internet of Musical Things contexts
- Musical haptics for the Internet of Musical Things
- Sonification for Internet of Sounds applications
- Improving accessibility and inclusiveness within the Internet of Sounds
- Semantic Audio applications for the Internet of Sounds
- Sustainability and ethical aspects of the Internet of Sounds
- Privacy and security in the Internet of Sounds
- Industrial applications of the Internet of Sounds
- Implementation/experimental results of prototypes/testbeds
Manuscripts should conform to the standard format as indicated in the Information for Authors section of the Manuscript Submission Guidelines. Please, check these guidelines carefully before submitting since submissions not complying with them will be administratively rejected without review.
All manuscripts to be considered for publication must be submitted by the deadline through Manuscript Central. Select the “FT-2301 / Internet of Sounds” topic from the drop-down menu of Topic/Series titles. Please observe the dates specified here below noting that there will be no extension of submission deadline.
Please use this link to submit manuscripts.
Manuscript Submission Deadline: 29 February 2024
Decision Notification: 31 May 2024
Final Manuscript: 30 June 2024
Publication: September 2024
University of Trento, Italy
University of València, Spain
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Hossein Shokri Ghadikolaei