Call for Papers
Optical Communications and Networks is key technology field in today’s information age, providing unprecedented communication capacity and cost-effective interconnection capability to support bandwidth-hungry applications, such as ultra-broadband access, cloud computing, content sharing and storage, and continuously evolving generations of wireless communication.
The Optical Communications and Networks Series (OCNS) of the IEEE Communications Magazine, a flagship IEEE publication with a global readership, is dedicated to this exciting field. It publishes top-quality, high-impact, original and unpublished Magazine-style articles in all areas of optical communications and networking. The Series covers research, development, application, and all other aspect of this field. Authors are invited to submit manuscripts within the scope of the Series including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Optical networking for core, metro, access, and data center applications
- Optical network protocols and architectures
- Protection, restoration, and security in optical networks
- Next generation optical transport systems
- Performance analysis of optical communications and networks
- Optical switching technologies, devices and architectures
- Optical components, devices and subsystems
- Novel digital signal processing for optical communications
- Flexible-grid elastic optical networks
- Energy-efficient/green optical communications and networks
- Chip-scale optical communications
- Hybrid networks for fixed-mobile convergence
- Optical Testbeds and Optical System/Network field trials
- Free space optical communication (indoor, outdoor, space, and underwater)
- Ultraviolet communications
- Visible light communications (indoor, outdoor, and localization)
- Optical wireless communication applications for future networks
- Hybrid radio frequency/optical wireless communication systems and networks
Authors are encouraged to contact the Series Editor before submitting an article to ensure that the article will be appropriate for the Series.
Manuscripts must be submitted through the magazine’s submissions Website, Manuscript Central. You will need to register and then proceed to the author center. On the manuscript details page, please select Optical Communications and Networks Series from the drop-down menu. Manuscripts should be tutorial in nature and should not be under review for any other conference or journal. They should be written in a style comprehensible and accessible to readers outside the specialty of the article. Mathematical equations should not be used. For detailed submission guidelines please refer to the magazine website for the list of Manuscript Submission Guidelines that must be followed by all submissions to the IEEE Communications Magazine.
Papers can be submitted anytime during the year. They will receive a review process, and, if accepted, they will be published in the first slot available for this Series.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Huawei Technologies, USA
University of Science and Technology of China, China