Manuscript Submission Deadline
Call for Papers
Education and Training have been identified as areas of key importance for both academia and industry since they constitute the means to harvest a highly educated and well-trained communications workforce. This Feature Topic (FT) of the IEEE Communications Magazine on “Telecommunication and Network Engineering Education” is intended to provide a venue for discussion on the latest developments in this very rich and exciting domain, as well as an opportunity for educators, researchers and standards professionals to share their experience, best practices, requirements and case studies.
Top-quality, high-impact, original, and broadly accessible Magazine-style articles are welcome in all areas of telecommunication and network engineering education, covering aspects such as teaching, learning and research supervision, as well as training and professional education. Papers that illustrate joint initiatives between academia and industry are especially encouraged. In addition, papers that deal with the challenges of ethics and professionalism in education, highlight issues related to standards education and provide insight into emerging topics in telecommunication and network engineering education are also encouraged.
All papers are expected to provide a rigorous treatment of the subject matter. In particular, papers that describe best practices and case studies need to go beyond just anecdotal evidence and instead provide solid contributions in terms of how the reported experience can be generalized and applied to different contexts, how new approaches have been carefully designed and systematically evaluated, etc.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pedagogical models and perspectives in telecommunication and network engineering education
- Design and development of curricula in telecommunication and network engineering education
- Accreditation, assessment and evaluation of telecommunication and network engineering education programs
- Quality assurance in telecommunication and network engineering education
- Best practices and case studies in teaching and learning
- Best practices and case studies in research supervision, mentoring and tutoring
- Best practices and case studies in professional education, life-long training and industry certification programs
- Best practices and case studies for incorporating standards into curricula and professional training
- Learning environments using mobile and ubiquitous technologies
- Hands-on education, and research-based and project-based training
- Emerging topics in telecommunication and network engineering education
Manuscripts should conform to the standard format as indicated in the Information for Authors section of the Manuscript Submission Guidelines. Please, check these guidelines carefully since they have been updated recently.
All manuscripts to be considered for publication must be submitted by the deadline through Manuscript Central. Select the "October 2019/Telecommunication and Network Engineering Education" topic from the drop-down menu of Topic/Series titles. Please observe the dates specified here below noting that there will be no extension of submission deadline.
Manuscript Submissions Due: 15 April 2019
Decision Notification: 15 July 2019
Final Manuscript Due: 15 August 2019
Publication Date: October 2019
University of Padova, Italy
Iowa State University, USA
Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India