Manuscript Submission Deadline
Call for Papers
With the development of networked technologies and services, “Connected Healthcare” is getting tremendous attention from industry, academia, governments, industry, and from the healthcare community. Enabling networked services and technology (e.g., cloud computing, fog computing, mobile health technology, mobile edge computing, and so on) can play a significant role in Connected healthcare systems by offering better insight of heterogeneous healthcare content to support affordable and quality patient care. While researchers have been making advances in the study of networked technologies and healthcare services individually, little attention has been given to making cost-effective and affordable for connected healthcare services. Connected healthcare has the potential to revolutionize many aspects of our society. However, many technical challenges related to networked technologies, communications and services need to be addressed before this potential can be realized. Some of these challenges include: How to develop rich and real-time multimedia services or tools for connected healthcare solutions? Where will the different next-generation technologies be used? How can networked computing and mobile health technologies assist with the right patient care at the right time and in the right place? How can rich networked multimedia computing facilitate healthcare data representation, storage, analysis and integration for effective smart healthcare solutions? How to protect the privacy of patient information shared on mobile devices while guaranteeing the security, trust, and interoperability of mobile health technology?
This Special Issue (SI) aims to report high-quality research on recent advances in various aspects of networked technologies in healthcare services, more specifically to the state-of-the-art approaches, methodologies, and systems in the design, development, deployment and innovative use of networked services, mobile-enabled devices, communications, tools and technologies for providing insights into connected healthcare service demands. Authors are solicited to submit complete, previously unpublished contributions in the following topics. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Deep Learning based networked applications, techniques, and testbeds for connected healthcare
- Smart diagnosis and predictive evaluation for mobile-enabled connected healthcare
- Medical image/video processing and visualization of connected systems for remote/mobile healthcare
- Innovative mobile-enabled networking services, systems, infrastructure and technique for connected healthcare based on multimodal sensors and smart objects
- Connected home healthcare for mobile-enabled fall detection of disables or elderly people
- Smart patient condition screening, visualization and monitoring in a complex networking environment in mobile-enabled patient portals
- Network tools, testbed and performance of connected patient care with mobile multimedia health technology
- Security, privacy, and trust of connected patient-specific mobile healthcare records
Manuscripts should conform to the standard format as indicated in the Information for Authors section of the Paper Submission Guidelines.
All manuscripts to be considered for publication must be submitted by the deadline through Manuscript Central. Select the “November 2019: Network Technologies for Connected Healthcare” topic from the drop-down menu of Topic/Series titles.
Manuscript Submission Deadline: 15 February 2019
First Revisions/Reject Notification: 1 May 2019
Notification of Acceptance: 1 July 2019
Final Manuscript Due: 1 August 2019
Publication Date: November 2019
M. Shamim Hossain
King Saud University, KSA
Paris Research Center, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
Abdulmotaleb El Saddik
University of Ottawa, Canada